Thursday, November 27

Happy Thanksgiving

During one summer class many years ago a mother had to miss a few sessions because her infant had a severe sunburn from being outside all day. When she came back we were talking during break. She was smoking and I noticed these scratchy lines on her arm. I think they were track marks. I don't know what made me think of it today, but it made me realize how thankful I am that my parents raised me the way they did, and gave me every opportunity to not fall into a lifestyle like the lady in my class all those years ago.

Because of that, and for many many other reasons, I am thankful for my Parents.

And what parents could do it alone?

I'm thankful for all of my Aunts and Uncles who were/are around to help out. I have one of the best families a gal could hope for.

I'm thankful for friends who send random text messages asking me what I'm thankful for ;) and friends that are there whether I talk to them daily or not. Friends that may be many miles away but are still a big part of my life.

I'm thankful for local friends who say nice things, make me smile, and make it easy for me to want to do nice things and make them smile too.

I'm thankful for such loving daughters who say things that melt my heart (which more than makes up for the crying and whining).

I'm thankful for the best sister in the world, and a nephew who gives the best hugs ever. I'm thankful for a job that I love that's challenging enough to keep me interested.

and I'm thankful for a supportive husband that makes it a lot easier for me to be in school while raising two little ladies.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

2 comments:

  1. awwwwww! i think i got a shout out in there! i'm thankful for you too! and i love your new header!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for my friends' blogs - they keep me going.

    ReplyDelete