Wednesday, January 27

Helpless

Cadence is a pretty low maintenance kid. She's smart, she's funny, and she prefers to do things on her own.

She's home sick again today, and hasn't needed me for much, other than getting breakfast, lunch, changing the channel, or getting books that she can't reach. She was a real gem.

Until 2:00.

She cried non-stop from 2:00 - 2:45, taking breaks only to vomit and try to communicate. I had no idea what she was saying. I presume she was trying to warn me. Her ear hurts, her throat hurts, and her stomach hurts. She has a small temp, so I tried to give her Tylenol. That didn't go over well. I tried to force it. The result was her yelling at me and puking some more. It was a scene from the exorcist. I was helpless. I tried rocking her, rubbing her back, and reading to her. She still kept crying. She finally fell asleep.

I still feel helpless, and it kills me.

1 comment:

  1. poor girl! i'll be praying she gets better soon. keep the blogospere posted!

    ReplyDelete