Saturday, May 1

The short weekend.

The girls have been through their fare share of severe weather warnings, but not too many tornado warnings. Where we live, the sirens don’t go off for all severe weather warnings (like I believe they do in other towns); so when they went off last night Cadence was pretty concerned. The thunder woke them up so I moved them into our bedroom while I prepped a makeshift bed in the basement for them.

Once the sirens went off we headed downstairs. Zoey (dog #1) hid under the covers. Bud (a.k.a. John T-Rex Podstawa, a.k.a. the cat) was pretty freaked out too. By the time the bad part of the storm hit us it had lost enough momentum not to do much damage. We didn’t lose power, and things went back to normal pretty quickly.

Despite being awake so much later than normal, they woke up at an obscene hour. They pestered and pestered until I agreed to take them to Grandma’s house. My Mom was then generous enough to watch all three Grandkids while Monica & I headed to Borders. I had forgotten the name (and author) of the book I wanted to pick up. After what seemed like an eternity, I settled on three:
I need to get my hands on a copy of The Lost Symbol. Dan Brown is one of the two authors whom I’ve read most of their publications. Jennifer Weiner is the other. I’ve really liked Dan Brown’s other books, but I have to wonder if he can continue pulling off good books with similar storylines. I think that’s why I haven’t picked it up yet – I’m afraid to be disappointed. That, or I will love it so much I won’t be able to put it down.
A feeling of regret hit me when I realized the weekend had gone by so quickly and I have to go back to work tomorrow (Monday)…then it occurred to me that tomorrow is Sunday (not Monday), and I was ecstatic.
Enjoy the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to hear how those books turn out.

    I'm currently reading The Little Book by Selden Edwards. Its good and weird and well crafted. Keeps me interested.

    ReplyDelete