Monday, June 14

Camping

We’re back, and I’m happy we’re back

Grandma and Grandpa P stopped by Thursday night to pick the girls up for a night of camping in their camper. They had fun.

Friday morning J and I met them at the campground, pitched our tent, then headed inside the camper where it wasn’t 90 degrees with 90% humidity.

Shortly after, boredom set in and we went to the alcove nearby to let the girls fish. Cadence caught one right away (before I had the chance to get the camera out ;)

Paige is of the “anything you can do, I can do better’ mindset and caught a few more right away.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
The first few swallowed the hook.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
After I put my camera away, P caught a catfish. The alcove was full of very young (easy to catch) fishies. Much to Paige’s surprise, she caught a foot long catfish. It was too heavy for her to reel in, so JP helped her. I think he’s pretty proud of her.

While Cadence was fishing, Paige beckoned me to show off the toad she found.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Speaking of toads…their cousins the bull frogs kept me up most of the night (Friday night…and Saturday night…and Sunday night). Maybe it was the sweltering heat, coupled with the bullfrogs that kept us away. Or maybe it was the intense sun burns we got Saturday? Either way, I couldn’t be happier to be home. 

1 comment:

  1. These are great pics! WHat lens did you use for the toad pics?

    ReplyDelete