Saturday, August 21

Just shy of Seven

Tomorrow afternoon, Paige turns seven – today we celebrated.

J was a big help – he cooked, he cleaned, and he half-way followed the directions I provided.
P’s favorite color is blue. She loves it. She loves helium balloons – she goes nuts. I mean, nuts. J hit the store this morning to get a few more things and I asked him to bring back 3 helium balloons (1 dark blue, 1 yellow, and one white. Here’s what we got.
 OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
A bouquet of twelve pastel balloons.
My Mom said it looked like a baby shower. It did.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA 
Look at all the curls. I LOVE curls. If I would have thought of incorporating curled ribbon and no balloons into the decor’ I would have. (Maybe for Cady’s birthday in October).

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
J also picked up a birthday tiara for her. It hurt her head and she didn’t want to keep it on. She humored me and allowed one shot.
 OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
The kitchen was hot and the icing on half of my cupcakes melted – hence the lack of cupcake shots.
We made the rainbow sprinkle cupcakes – most of which were topped with rainbow chip frosting. Those were the cupcakes that ended up in the fridge. The one with the candle (and a handful of others) were topped with whipped (ew) cream cheese icing. I hate using whipped icing – it doesn’t taste as rich. I bought it by accident, but I’m glad I did – evidently whipped icing can withstand higher temps better than the standard canned frosting. Another note about whipped icing – it doesn’t pipe easily (at least not for me). To me they look hideous, but the birthday girl loved them!
 OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA 
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

1 comment:

  1. The candle picture is amazing! She will love to keep that one when she is all grown up and turning 27!

    ReplyDelete