Sunday, August 1

You have not failed no one Grasshopper, only your own ambition.

My cousin Josh had a party Saturday night and I felt ambitious enough to bake something I’d never tried before. Grasshopper cupcakes, mmmmm.

I started with German Chocolate cupcakes – way better than regular chocolate cupcakes. I used applesauce instead of oil and egg whites instead of the whole egg. I think I cooked them for a minute or two too long. They were good, but a little dry.
 OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA 
I mixed vanilla and cream cheese icing with mint extract and green Wilton coloring.OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I’ve been watching DC cupcakes and wanted to recreate their swirl…like it’s THAT hard. I love the show, but had to make fun when the blond sister made such a big deal about getting the swirl right. So I fought with the icing and finally got it into the bag without making a huge mess.
  OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
The result
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I bought some grasshopper cookies
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
and cut them in half to top a dozen of them
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Then crushed more cookies to top the other dozen.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA 
I think they were good, but I’ve decided I don’t like the mint and cupcake combo.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had one right now. Even just the icing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word. This post is torture.

    ReplyDelete