Monday, October 18

5, 2, and 1

5 wins, 2 losses, and 1 tie. The kids did pretty good Saturday. The  main scorers have been working on getting assists so that the kids that haven’t scored a goal can try to before the season ends. I think the kids only shot three times, compared to the usual 7 or so.

Paige was cold and wanted to wear her sweats (#7).
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
She’s getting better at wanting to be with the ball, instead of watching the other kids chase it.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I don’t know the soccer term, but in basketball it’s man-on-man defense. The red team tried that for a while and Paige was more concerned with ditching the kid chasing her than watching the ball. It made me smile. The little blonde to the right was telling her to “stay put.”
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Fixing her hair
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
She still backs off when someone kicks the ball near her.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Right after that, their feet got tangled and she fell. The kid accidentally (I think/hope) stepped on her arm. The coach (in red) had a word with the kid and stopped the play. Paige came out for some ice and a few hugs.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA 
Then she got back in the game and showed them how it’s done.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Then she worked on taking the ball away from the other team.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Smiling.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA  OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Evan (kicker) decided to kick off to Easton (the kid that looks ready), as Paige stands with her hands folded and Amanda plays with her shorts.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Goal kick. Paige and Evan are ready to take the ball away.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Soccer sisters – Kate (the twins’ older sister - left), Cadence, and Canada (Easton’s older sister – right). had a picnic during the game.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Jason and my Dad talking about stuff.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Cady talked to Grandma.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
My Dad, enjoying the game.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Cadence wanted a picture of her monkey.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

3 comments:

  1. As much as I loved those game pictures, there's something about that monkey that warmed my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your site from Adventures of the Grigg Boys. I love it. I’m going to poke around a little bit, but don’t worry I’ll put everything back where I found it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like great fun for all! I love soccer and I can't wait until my son is old enough to play. I know he will follow in his father's footsteps!

    ReplyDelete