Monday, December 20

Christmas cookies

I’ve tried baking a lot of things lately and have failed miserably.

I’ve tried to make cookie dough truffles twice in the past. The first time they turned out great. The second, not so great.

Saturday night Paige got sick and went to bed early, so Cady stayed up late and helped me bake. We started with cookie dough truffles.

Mmmmmm
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I got to use my new cookies scoop so my hands wouldn’t get sticky.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
They flattened out pretty quickly, which is fine because I planned on reshaping them after they chilled for two hours.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
After chilling, I rolled them into perfectly shaped balls and dipped them into the melted chocolate. They weren’t cold enough and jacked-up the chocolate. I put the dough and chocolate into the fridge and vowed to try again later (in a day or two).

We moved on to the cranberry coin cookies. I deviated from the recipe, and I think they turned out pretty good.
Yummy dough
 OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Scoops
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Cady sprinkled sugar on top :) 
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I left them in the over about a minute or two longer then I should have. I think I’m about to give up on baking and cooking altogether. I consider myself very blessed that JP knows his way around the kitchen.

1 comment:

  1. Well, they LOOK great! I am not so good at baking either. Its how I stay thin.

    ReplyDelete