Monday, December 27

Christmas Eve Potatoes

When Monica asked if I’d bring mashed potatoes to the Christmas Eve party, she probably assumed I’d make them out of a box (not unlike I normally do). Little did she know I was going to give real cooking a chance…

Thanks to PW’s Delicious, Creamy Mashed Potatoes recipe, I think they were a success.
I started with a ton of russet potatoes.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I peeled them (myself, thank you very much).
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
And cut them (myself)
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I mashed them in the pan (per PW, then deviated and transferred them to the mixer). No lumps! mmmmmmm
  OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I threw in the butter
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Then cream cheese (never question PW)
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Then cream, garlic, and some other super secret spices. Viola’
 OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA   
I could live off of mashed potatoes

1 comment: