Monday, January 3

Eat, Pray, Love - the movie

A few noted about the movie...

I pushed play. I had to push play again. Then, yet again, did I have to push play. I was annoyed - then I realized it was three times total that I pushed play. It all made sense and all was right in the world again :)

I normally don't talk much about religion. I'm Lutheran - and God's always been a huge part of my life. I don't go to church every Sunday, and I don't pray as much as I should, but I do see God, and very small miracles in just about everything. In the movie, David found his Guru to find god - he had been looking in all the wrong places. I found it ironic, because I'm lucky enough to find God in everything.

After watching the movie, I wanted to learn how to say 'screw you' in Italian too. It sounds so passionate, yet so beautiful at the same time. And, I decided that I need to find myself a soccer hooligan friend.

In India, the meditation cave is lighter than I thought it would be.

I've never seen a cow get a bath before.

The young India girl (I  don't remember her name), got married in the movie - she didn't in the book. The ceremony was beautiful, but I wanted to scoop her up and hug her.

I, seriously lacking a sense of humor, would have killed J if he messed with the song in our first dance.

One final comment about the movie: I adore Julia Robert's laugh. It makes me smile every time I hear it.

Watch the movie. It's good, not great - but watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment