Thursday, January 6

My mind is too tired

Some days by the time I get home from work, I think I'm a miracle worker. It takes a lot out of me.

On Wednesdays, JP works from home so he doesn't drive me to work (we work in the same building).

Yesterday, after an exceptionally grueling day, I walked to my car, opened the door, sat down, closed the door, and just sat there.

I sighed, and looked over toward the driver's seat. JP didn't drive me to work, I drove to work. After a brief moment of disbelief, I got out of the car, walked around to the driver's side, and proceeded to drive myself home.

Today wasn't much different in terms of workload, but the day went by fast. On the way home Cadence and I talked about Kindergarten next year. I told her that she'd get to make new friends. She was concerned about not knowing their names. I tried to set her mind at ease and tell her that if she doesn't know someone's name, she can just ask. She disagreed, and proposed assigning new names to the kids. That's Cady.

My mind is tired, and I had to ask myself if these two things really just happened. Did I really not know that I'd have to drive home? Did Cadence really think it'd be socially acceptable to rename other children?

It hasn't been a bad week, just busy. I've been productive and happy.

2 comments:

  1. Cadence is creative...sounds like a great plan to re-name all the kids. That's what I did when I taught!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Gabriel was in kinder, his music teacher called him Bob. All year. She knows his name this year. I wonder if it just wasn't some sort of sweet nickname?

    ReplyDelete