Tuesday, January 4

The resolutions

I don't make resolutions.

I think if something needs to be changed, don’t wait until the beginning of a new year to make a big list – take care of it right away. I’ve been pretty good about that over the past few years. But I’m running out of things to keep my mind sharp. I’d spent the past two years obsessing over schoolwork – which in turn, kept my really busy. After school was over I was mind numbingly bored at night – so I started knitting. So what’s next?

This year I might try it. I’ll make some resolutions.
1 – Take more pictures. I took about half the number of pictures in 2010 than I did in 2009.
2 – Read 12 books. I stole this idea from Bec’s 2010 list. Before school, I could have read 12 books in 3 months…easy. Now, between the guilt and feeling of near abandonment of my children (due to said MBA program), I spend more time with them resulting in fewer time for reading.
3 – Spend more time with the girls. Work takes a lot out of me (in terms of the actual amount of hours spent) – so by the time I’m finished, I don’t have a ton of time for fun stuff. The time I spend with them is primarily school/homework related. So, this year we’ll fit more fun in. (Before they’re too old to want me around).
4 – Learn to cook (‘nuff said).
5 – Lose those “last 5 pounds.” (I know what you’re thinking and I don’t want to hear it).
6 – Finish Christmas shopping by October. Ideally by July, but we all know that won’t happen.
7 – Figure out what my Twitter password is, so in the off-chance I want to post something, I’ll be able to.
That ought to be enough to keep me out of trouble.

1 comment:

  1. 1. - more power to you!
    2. - Have I been a good influence on someone? That alone should get me into heaven ;-)
    3. I do a lot of crafts with my kids so that we are spending time together without doing something I find boring or obnoxious. They love it. Try Kaboose.com if you need ideas.
    4. (ditto #1!)
    5. Maybe you just need to exercise more. Tone up a bit.
    6. Kids tastes change so much between July and December - or October and December. But maybe you can have all themoney saved up and set aside?
    7. What's twitter?

    ReplyDelete