Monday, February 14

Happy Valentine’s Day

No work for me today!

My employer grants employees 8 hours of paid time off to volunteer in the community. I’ll be spreading the love today throughout the town.

I do need to check voicemail and e-mail a few times throughout the day – after all, how will I save the world if I’m not on top of things?

The girls and I baked some cupcakes (red velvet cake) over the weekend.

The “no taste-red”, “pink,” and “burgundy” from our friends at Wilton were used to make them look pretty.

The coloring made them taste pretty bad and the girls would only eat the ones without the food coloring. We used Wilton’s heart shaped edible glitter to make them look awesome. Mission accomplished. They looked good, and the glitter tasted like sugar.

I learned my lesson about pink and coloring through. I’ve used other colors by Wilton in past projects and they tasted great. Can anyone shed some light on why reds and pinks taste so bad? And don’t say it’s because I can’t cook.    
cupcakes

JP bought the girls and I some flowers
Red roses and tulips.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Tulips are my favorite.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
 OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Happy Valentine’s Day!

4 comments:

  1. Yummy cupcakes - and edible glitter...what will they think up next. Tulips used to be what my husband sent me every Valentine's Day - he probably still would, but we're keeping to a tight budget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cupcakes! I need to learn how to get the icing on that way. I could eat them all now...yum yum yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing idea and amazing photos...especially the cupcakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cupcakes were beautiful! And I love the last pic of the tulip. Did you remember your cape as you saved the world? xoxox

    ReplyDelete