Monday, April 4

Project Management 101

The girls have been plagues with a stomach virus/fever combo. It took Paige 7 fully days to get over it. She was better by Thursday morning. Friday night Cadence got it – worse. J and I haven’t slept since March 29th. It’s tough to deal with lack of sleep when you’re old like we are ;)


Cady’s still miserable, and I feel bad for her, but there’s not much we can do since it’s viral. I just want to fix her, you know? JP stayed home with her today, so Paige and I ventured into the torrential downpour. I do like the rain, I really do – but I like it a lot better when I have an umbrella.

Paige made it to school and I made it to work. I sat in the car waiting for the rain to stop. I picked up a mammoth-sized presentation board over the weekend and needed to bring it inside. It’s about 6 feet tall by 4 feet wide. I’m 5’ 6” on a good day. The thing acted like a hang glider when Monica & I picked it up Saturday. I wasn’t about to try it on my own. The rain didn’t stop so I left it in the car. I’ll try again tomorrow.

I walked into the building defeated. I checked my schedule and was actually looking forward to one of my meetings. Typically the type of meeting doesn’t go well, but I had met with the team’s mgmt Friday and it went surprisingly well. I could not have been more wrong. It was a complete 180 from Friday. One of the girls was literally screaming at me. Not about me, or what I did, just what I had to say. Again, I felt defeated.

I looked at my calendar for the remainder of the week to see what meetings were optional. I didn’t find many. Friday has never looked so far away.

I don’t blog about work much – I love my job. It’s usually smooth sailing after the fires are put out. I just wasn’t expecting today to go this way at all ;)

Rant over.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you could use some literal and metaphorical sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your week is getting better :-)

    ReplyDelete