Saturday, December 24

More ultrasound pics

I went back for a follow-up ultrasound on Monday to get a better look at Baby P's organs. They all look great, and the tech confirmed it' a girl :)

For those keeping track, this makes girl #3. I couldn't be happier, but I'm sure Jason's nervous about all the future drama.

At the last u/s she wouldn't uncross her legs, so this time I had some Gatorade to get her moving. BIG mistake - she wouldn't sit still. She's constantly moving her arms and legs. See her arm above her head? Paige wanted to know where the other half of her face is :) The kid's really good at seeing things in ultrasound pictures, which surprised me since so many adults can't figure out what's what.


I don't remember seeing the bones this clearly with the girls...call it technological advances in u/s equipment if you want, but I think that this baby is just super tough.

See the little round thing floating above her, about half way between her tummy and head? I'm pretty sure that's her fist getting ready to punch. With all the wiggling she was doing (thank you Gatorade), I had to move a lot to get a good angle to look at her heart - it took a while. I think she had enough.

Dear Baby P,
I'd like to apologize in advance for what I'm about to post. It's not my intention to embarrass you by posting a picture of your nether parts on the interwebs for everyone to see. I'm just excited and wanted to show it off. Also, please don't take this as permission to post similar pictures when you are older - that's not acceptable.
Love,
Mom



As mentioned earlier, she looks great and has no immediately noticeable health issues. The placenta is low (1.2 cm from the [ahem] cervix), so I'm on pelvic rest and can't do anything that will make me contract. Interestingly enough, walking makes me contract ;) so I'm using this as an excuse to be as lazy as possible for the next four weeks. I go back for another ultrasound in 4 weeks to see if it's moved up a bit. 90% of the time they do. I had the same issue with Paige from weeks 8-18 and it moved up nicely. What's odd about this one is that I was at 2 cm at 17 weeks. The doctor thinks a contraction was pulling it down a bit. My blood pressure's doing great, and I'm not spilling any protein! Yay for me :)  I'm a little neurotic about it since I had pre-eclampsia with both girls, and preterm labor (controlled with bedrest) with Cadence. Overall - things are great! 

3 comments:

  1. Looks awesome - Thanks for posting the pics. Congrats to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for your placenta! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't think of it as an excuse, rest is necessary.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete