Wednesday, January 25

Strawberry Whoopie Pies

Ok, I'll preface the post by saying I tried. I really did.

I think my least favorite part of pregnancy is changing taste buds. I used to love pasta. Loved it. A lot. I can't stand it now. I also used to love strawberry cakes. My Mom used to make it for my birthday when I was younger. It was made from a box, but was better than any bakery-produced cake I've ever had. That being said, I saw a picture of Valentine's Day whoopie pies and had to have one. Instead of red velvet cake I thought I'd use strawberry.

Jason, being the ever-so-loving husband he is, ran to the store to buy the ingredients for me.

I made the modified batter using the box of cake mix, two eggs, and 1/2 cup of oil.
Looks good, right? It was. I ate some. Ok, I ate a lot. I'll probably get salmonella and my unborn daughter will probably come out with two heads.


Knowing that my oven slightly over heats things, I should have known not to set it to 350. I did anyway. I bakes the cookies for 10 minutes (recipe called for 10-12). The edges came out brown. They didn't taste that great.
I ate one anyway.


I smeared cream cheese icing in between two of the cookies and viola - gross whoopie pies. I ate one anyway ;)



I think I'll stick to using the cake mix for cakes and cupcakes - and use strawberry icing instead of cream cheese icing. Although, I'm still blaming pregnancy for the whoopie pies not tasting as good as I expected.

1 comment: