Wednesday, December 30

ipsy December 2015 Glam Bag

My ipsy December Glam Bag arrived a few weeks ago. I'd been stalking the mail box as soon as pictures started popping up online from other ipsters. It took an extra week to get here this month (likely due to the high volume of mail at the post office around the holidays). I wasn't at all patient. :)



The really liked the bag this month. It's a quilted pleather (lol) and bright red (for the holidays).



And it has a cute zipper.

The first item I received was the AVEENO® Daily Moisturizing Lotion. We've tried this before and like it. It does a great job moisturizing without leaving a greasy feeling behind. We don't buy it on a regular basis because I have a house full of girls and we prefer the smelly lotions from Bath and Body Works. If J needed lotion, I'd likely buy this for him. An 18 oz bottle retails for about $8.00.

Having a house full of girls, all of us with a different type of hair, we have a very diverse selection of hair products around. The  Marc Anthony Hair Care Coconut Oil & Shea Butter Deep Conditioning Treatment looked like a good candidate for Cady. She has really thick, course hair that gets super tangled. This is a weekly conditioning treatment that's supposed to be used after shampooing and before adding a second step of another oil product. I used this instead of her regular conditioner which was a huge mistake. I think this product works well as a standard, lower-end conditioner and might work well for someone with thinner hair (?). I think we'll give this one to Paige, although I'd use this for the smell alone :) It smells like the beach. An 8 oz bottle retails for about $8.00 at Ulta.

I could take or leave the Pacifica Power Of Love Natural Lipstick. It's more of a lip tint and made my lips feel a little dry. This color is the exact color of my mom's lips (without lip color on), so if I wanted my lips to look like hers, without the look of lipstick, this would do the job. The packaging is really cure too. Their website has ten colors to choose from and each costs about $10.00 (although as an ipsy subscriber I'd get 20% off my order).

Before I took the lid off of the ModelCo LIP ENHANCER Illusion Lip Liner, I thought I'd hate it. The bottom of the packaging is bright pink. I don't need bright pink lip liner :)  I was pleasantly surprised with the color. It's a nude-ish shade. Their website shows two colors available. They retail for $20 (as an ipsy subscriber I'd get 20% off my order, plus free shipping on orders over $39). I prefer the Rimmel Lasting Finish liners (more colors available, lower cost, and they're available at Target/Walmart/Wagreens/etc.).

My favorite this month was the tarte cosmetics smooth operator™ Amazonian clay finishing powder. Tarte is one of my favorite brands. I have combination skin which gets pretty oily in the summer time. This powder helps set my foundation and it stays put all day. The deluxe sample size (.13 oz) retails for $14 and the full size (.32 oz) retails for $33. It's more than I'd normally spend, but I figure if I only use it in the summer months when I really need a finishing powder I'd be ok :)  (As an ipsy subscriber I'd get 20% off my Tarte order).

And this month's insert card...



No comments:

Post a Comment