Wednesday, December 2

Stitch Fix Review

I have a love/hate relationship with Stitch Fix. What's Stitch Fix, you ask?

In a nutshell, it's personal shopping online. You create a free account, fill out a simple style profile, schedule when you want your 'fix,' pay a $20 styling fee, get five personalized pieces of clothing/accessories, send back what you don't want, and pay for what you want to keep.

What I love:
You can give specific information to your stylist about the pieces you want (or don't want!).
You don't have to go to the store.
The $20 styling fee gets applied to your purchase - so in a way you get that money back (unless you don't buy anything).
It's super easy to return what you don't want. They include a return envelope (you don't have to pay for return shipping).
You get a $25 referral credit for friends who try it out.
You don't have to schedule recurrent fixes. You can request one fix two weeks from now, and wait as long as you want to schedule your next fix (weeks, months, or never).
You can create a customized Pinterest board for your stylist to look through to get a better feel for what you like. (Here is mine).
Customer Service is amazing. I've had to contact them about a pair of earrings I purchased and they resolved the issue within a few days.

What I don't like:
I've received three fixes since starting and while there's always been something I like, there hasn't been a fix in which I liked all five pieces.
I've had a different stylist with each fix. I think the goal  of the stylists is to learn more about you with each purchase, and I think that is harder to do if they rotate customers.
While you can customize the price point you'd like them to focus on, the pieces are still pretty expensive for what I typically spend. It ranges from 'the cheaper the better,' $50-$100, $100-$150, $150-$200, or $200+.
During busy times of the year, you may not have a slot open to schedule a fix for a month in advance. Typically it's a two week window. For example, if log in today, the earliest I can receive a fix is 12/4. This isn't a terribly long wait, but for impatient people like me it may drive you nuts. :)

Here are some pictures from my latest fix (in July).

I like that the box is branded and I get super excited when I see it.

Everything comes very well packaged. The clothes and accessories (if applicable) come wrapped up in the white tissue paper shown below (with a cute branded sticker holding it together. There's an envelope with everything you need to know about your fix (more on that below) and the big plastic return envelope. Even the inside of the box is cute.

The first thing in the envelope is a welcome note from your stylist telling you about what you're getting and how/where to wear it.




They also include an invoice. Most of the things are more expensive than I would normally pay, BUT, many of them are things I can't easily get elsewhere. As an added perk, if you end up purchasing all five pieces, you get a 25% discount. But like i said earlier, I have yet to receive a fix in which I like all 5 pieces. A friend of mine liked 4 pieces, but kept all five because it ended up costing less - something to think about. 


This styling sheet also comes in that cute little envelope. It shows two ways to style your pieces. I love these the best because even if I don't end up loving the particular piece they sent, I can find something similar and use these to help me with styling. 

I tore open the tissue paper to see what I had to work with.


I have seen so many women wearing these tops and they look cute! It's completely not my style though. It fit great, but I knew I'd never wear it so I sent it back. 


The most I typically pay for jeans is $50 - and that's rare. These jeans though...they're so soft, and have just enough stretch in them to make my mom-of-three butt look amazing. They're the perfect length for me and I love the color. I had to have them. I kept them. As a follow-up, I received these in July, have worn them several times, and they haven't faded or stretched/shrunken weird. I love these.


I really liked this shirt. It was soft, fit pretty well, and hid my mom tummy. Unfortunately, since I knew I was spending so much on the jeans, I'd have to send it back. The funny thing is, I often look at the styling sheets from my other fixes and think about the items I sent back. There's always been on I wish I had kept. The ones that got away.

These I kept. I don't have many dangley earrings because they're pretty heavy or make a lot of noise. These I love! I had some trouble with the smallest leaf falling off of the hook so I called customer service and they sent me a new pair. Easy as that. I wear these a lot. Probably more than I should.

This shirt ended up going back too. I didn't like the zipper in the back, or the chevron. The fabric was so soft though! 


I haven't given up on Stitch Fix just yet. I'm still waiting for them to hit a home run and send me five pieces I love. But then I'd end up spending too much money ;)

If you think you'd like to give it a shot, consider using my referral link below and I'll fer a $25 credit. 




No comments:

Post a Comment